14/12/2010

Blog Revamped


Old Blog Design
The above image is a screenshot of the original style of my blog. I think that this design was not exactily fitting the purpose and style of the work i am looking into. The template i used applied a semi transparent backdrop behind the posts and gave my blog a blue grey template as default, i edited this to have a different page background (the paint splatter effect) which was visible behind some text outside of the main post and i also chaged the title font and colour to fit this background. After reviewing the style of some of the blogs im am following it lead me to think that some sections of my blog needed adapting to make it more easily legible for the reader and to suit the style of the work i enjoy.
i decided to ;
- change the default theme to a simpler theme, with a plain and darker backdrop (this is to make the posts and images stand out to the eye and to allow me to apply a contrasting colour for the text which will help with legibilty.
- change the colour palet for the theme of my blog. i decided on a dark grey and orange because it gave a modern look for my blog and it fitted nicely with the avatar i had chosen.
- keep the fonts and blog title the same as they were already easy to read and fitting for the style of the blog.

this new theme also applied a outline around all the images i have posted which seperates them from the page even more and fits with the style of the blog nicley.
 
New Blog Design

Here is a picture of the blog after i applied the updates stated above.

No comments: